Virginia Continuing Education COURSE
Virginia Legal Update
Legal updates may not carry the same razzle-dazzle as other courses you can elect to take, but it’s one that will help you stay in compliance with the law—and you don’t need the kind of “excitement” that noncompliance can create. The purpose of this course is to address a range of recent state legislative updates that impact the real estate profession, helping you understand what the changes were and their applicability in everyday practice.
This one-hour Legal Updates course also helps reduce risk for consumers in real estate transactions, because licensees will be armed with the most up-to-date state practices as they help guide consumers through their real estate transactions.
Course highlights include:
- Updates to licensing laws related to business continuity and unlicensed assistants
- The impact of incomplete homeowners association and condominium resale documents
- Revised disclosures, including mineral rights, Special Flood Hazard Areas, and stormwater
- How someone making solicitation calls on a licensee’s behalf can create liability for the licensee
- A new pilot program addressing eviction issues in the state
- Legal changes related to unlawful detainer appeal bonds and hearings
- Property management updates, including lease agreements and renter’s insurance
- Interactive activities and scenarios to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context