Maine Continuing Education COURSE
Hot Topics in Real Estate
Flood zones, property inspections, and consumer privacy represent three distinct yet urgent topics in real estate. Hot Topics in Real Estate takes a closer look at each of these with an emphasis on supporting clients and customers. From flood zone disclosure obligations and insurance requirements to inspection contingencies and third-party referrals to federal data security laws and breach notification policies … a lot can go wrong. The real estate professional’s job is to act within the scope of his or her responsibility to make sure everything goes right.
This three-hour course provides consumer protection by helping licensees understand how to lawfully and competently navigate the high-risk areas of flood zone transactions, home inspections and data security and consumer privacy.
Course highlights include:
- FEMA flood terminology and flood hazard mapping
- Flood insurance requirements and homeowner obligations
- The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and its current status
- Environmental hazards associated with flooding
- Home inspection and testing contingencies
- The home inspection process, and who does what, when, and why
- Different inspection types, including septic system, sewer line, and well inspections
- Federal laws that address data security and consumer privacy
- Risks related to data breaches, fraud, and identity theft
- Interactive activities and scenarios to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context